[Orange-tech] home missing again / little py script for simple rendering using pdsh

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jan 17 17:13:06 CET 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 14:37, Prof. Mark Alan Matties wrote:
> Fixed. I'll see if I can't figure out what happened there.

ok.

i executed the script seemingly succesfully now, but dont know what is
happening exactly: have only gotten frames from one node so far:

this is what the script reported:
xseed1:~ orange$ python xseedsimplerender.py
did: /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.41 blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
emo_hairanimtest.blend -a -s 1 -e 5
did: /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.42 blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
emo_hairanimtest.blend -a -s 6 -e 10
did: /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.43 blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
emo_hairanimtest.blend -a -s 11 -e 15
(...)
did: /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.55 blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
emo_hairanimtest.blend -a -s 71 -e 75

and with pdsh ps i can see that blender is busy on every one of those nodes:
xseed1:~/renderout orange$ /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.50 ps xu | grep
blender
10.224.10.50: orange  7583  112.5 -60.7  1306788 1273968  ??  Rs   10:35AM
42:44.59 blender.app/

.. i guess that 112.5% cpu usage means that the threaded render is succesfully
using the two processors somewhat at least?

but so far i have results only from the first node, 41 that is - in
~orange/renderout:
emohair0001.png
emohair0002.png

i wonder what is happening on the other nodes,
is there a way to know more? i tried to make the script so that it outputs the
stdouts of the commands on all the nodes, but so far it has not given
anything from them (might be my bug)

as that 1st node 41 was given a similar command to the others, i dont know
what is stopping them .. it is possible that those later frames are just
slower to render, but as the 1st is already done with 2 (i guess 3 soon) i
doubt that is the case .. will see soon

> Mark

~Toni