[Orange-tech] orange home dir now NFS mount'ed

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Jan 5 16:27:32 CET 2006

On Sunday 18 December 2005 16:07, Dr. Mark Matties wrote:
> The 'orange' home directory is now NFS mounted on nodes 41 - 60. Please
> let me know how it works.

it shows as empty. i created a drqueue slave startup script in the home on
xseed1, but it was not there in the nodes, and it seems nothing is. ls showed
nothing. i can create files there tho, distributed 'touch x' was succesfull
and then ls shows that 'x' correctly.

> Mark

~Toni

> >>I don't know why, but GTK+2 was a bear to install. However, it's now
> >>working and I was able to successfully compile drqueue.

btw do you know if we can use that gtk2 app, drqman, somehow? i think if you
have x11 ssh forwarding enabled (it is disabled by default on macosx) that
would probably be good .. otherwise i guess & hope there is some way to work
with the terminal only ..