[Orange-tech] py-twisted-words - where should it go?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Feb 14 21:16:12 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 19:59, Prof. Mark Alan Matties wrote:
> I grabbed the Twisted Words package. Where should it go? In
> /opt/local/with the rest of py-twisted?

i usually install things with apt-get, similar to fink, that puts thing to
place. on macosx there is also darwinports which is nice, dunno if you use
that

but the tarball most probably has a setup py, so to install it for the same py
that has the basic twisted already, you can do:
/opt/local/bin/python2.4 setup.py install

in where extracter the package (i am supposing it has the standard py
distutils install system)

farm is hot rendering :)

> Mark

~Toni