[Orange-tech] Re: Renderfarm setup

antont at kyperjokki.fi antont at kyperjokki.fi
Wed Sep 28 14:38:13 CEST 2005

Long time no posts, but now we are getting there!

I hope everything is fine with XSeed and DrQueue. Work here at Orange is going
on strong, Matt and Andy are acting a scene right now (for Matt to get a feel
of it for making it to the animatic, which is due this Friday..) .. don't
worry, Lee is videoing the acting for the making of so I guess you'll get to
see that too :) .

For the 1st animatic opengl rendering is fine, so we have no urgent need for
heavy rendering now, but of course want to do tests in time. How should we
proceed?

The teaser is due to be released in mid-October, at the Blender conference,
beginning on 14th .. so we have two weeks for it. It will be approximately
30seconds, which is only ~720 frames with 24fps .. only two per processor if
you use all of XSeed, right?-)

We started using SVN here for production files, and try to keep that part of
the repository clean of extra data, so that only the sources for rendering
would be there. So when things get serious, we hopefully can use the update
mechanism provided by the versioning system (svn is a cvs clone, basically)
to keep a copy of the repository in sync up there at Bowie State.

Looking forward to first tests,
waiting for instructions about how to proceed with them,
~Toni

On Thursday 18 August 2005 20:41, Prof. Mark Alan Matties wrote:
> PS - Daryl Davis (cc'ed on this mail) is the student of mine who will be
> working on this project.

is Daryl already on this orange-tech list? i wasn't sure so am keeping in Cc
too.

oh and in case someone doesn't know, we are posting updates on work as
blogposts to http://orange.blender.org/