[Openexr] Where do I start?

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 12 06:07:14 CEST 2005

> OK I am ready and rearing to go. I have the code I have the skills but
> I am missing the knowledge of the system. But really I rather not go
> through the code amilessly unless I have to. Is anyone working on
> something where they could use a helper elf? I code competently, test
> in detail and have a brain 3/4 of the time.
*grin* sounds like a good start ;)

Do you run things in Windows or Linux ?
Are you able to compile the code already ? Just bug us until you have it
running; then you could try to test-export data and to re-import it again
as texture, that should be a good stress-test.

the little C wrapper API is in
source/blender/openexr

and the image buffer output plugin in
blender/imbuf/intern/openexr.c

You will need to be able roughly understand the ImBuf stuff, too, Kent can
answer any questions you might have.

Spam this list as much as you want ! :-)

Servus,
  Gernot

--
O  The Austria <=> Sweden <=> Germany <=> Netherlands connection.....   H