[Demoreel] Process screencasts and artists to contact directly

paul caggegi flawedprefect at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:08:32 CEST 2012

Excellent. ok, i've received some reels in the dropbox which I will
look through today. Jonathan - you had an excellent link in one of
your facebook posts to audiojungle.net - how is this for music? I'm
happy to trawl through some sounds and select a list for everyone to
vote on the best track for this.

What is the date for siggraph? I'd like to work out a deadline for
this video to be delivered - where does it have to be delivered to? I
aim to deliver in a format which will retain a high level of detail,
be of HD standard (minimum) and be easily transmitted over the net.

While examples of work are coming in, I'm happy to begin making a
rough cut and I've already set up a project, but once our delivery
deadline has been reached (in which no more submissions can be
accepted) we'll need to allocate some time to select the best
examples, and then for me to edit them together. I'm a fast editor,
and feel the work best speaks for itself, so I will tend to stay away
from custom fancy titles, neat transitions, effects, etc - it's not
about my editing, but about what Blender is capable of.

I'd like to suggest a maximum duration of 2:30 minutes. I'd like a
minimum of a week to allocate for the edit (not in man-hours, but in
time from final selection to delivery of final product). I will
regularly keep you all updated on latest cuts, and am keen to take any
and all feedback from you during this process. I'd like to allow a day
or two to compress and upload the final product to ftp or wherever it
needs to go.

Can i just say I am really excited as this is my first international
effort as a video editor? I've been itching to try this and see if I
can work on an international project.