[Demoreel] Colin's Entries

paul caggegi flawedprefect at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:53:55 CEST 2012

I put the ones I liked in the selects folder. If there's others you
like, feel free to place them in the selects too. That was the object
of the exercise.

I chose mine based on what showcases Blender as a mature and capable
3D package and is gonna wow audiences. There are a lot of
test-renders, first tries, and work which is good - but not great. I'm
leaving out things where the alpha mattes are poor; the tracking off a
little, or that are obviously test shots. That's just my ruthlessly
brutal opinion. There are some brilliant examples of cycle renders,
fantastic modelling, fluid-sim and motion tracking done spectacularly
well, and those are the ones I'd focus on. This is playing to the
SIGGRAPH crowd and is gonna have to stand up next to the latest reels
from other software.

On 25 July 2012 15:49, Mike Pan <mike.c.pan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not that I am trying to tell you how to do your job Paul... :)
>
> But I feel like almost all of the entries (short of maybe 5) have some good
> part that can make it into the reel. I wouldn't limit the reel to only those
> that we've chosen so far.
>
> what do you all think?
>
> mike
>

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM, paul caggegi <flawedprefect at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Wife's got girlfriend coming over tonight for girl talk and
>> chick-flick, so once kiddo's in bed, I'm onto downloading these and
>> beginning the edit.
>>
>> On 25 July 2012 15:35, Mike Pan <mike.c.pan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Sure. I am uploading it to Dropbox now.
>> >
>> > On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Reynante Martinez
>> > <reynantem at gmail.com>

>> --
>> sent from my Commodore64
>>

>> www.processdiary.com