[Bsod-mentors] compiling a list of commands

Ryan Dale ryandale at UDel.Edu
Sun Jun 18 06:18:19 CEST 2006

Hey all,

I imagine some of these tutorials have the potential to be so
hyperlinked they're almost all blue:

"[Select] the [vertices] using [edge loop select] and [extrude] along
the [x axis]."

Now, I know as an author it would get tedious to link every other word.
  But to be consistent, should we link everything we can?  I don't know.
  Maybe it's worth thinking about just what commands we should link and
how often we should link them.

I think it would be useful to have a running list of commands for the
authors to refer to.  An example: Say I want to link to edge loop select
in my tutorial.  Do I use [edge loop selection], [edge loop tool], or
[edge loop select]?  A master list would help because I could check that
and see that there's a page (or at least a stub) on the wiki for [edge
loop select] . . . so that's the link I would use.  Such a master list
could also double as an index for the reference section of the manual.
Just some thoughts.

-Ryan