[Blend2cs-user] Loading mesh from Blender in CS via cel

Thomas Degris thomas.degris at lip6.fr
Wed Nov 3 00:05:44 CET 2004

Hello,

I am currently trying to load simple mesh object from Blender into CS
via cel. The objects don't have any animations (I am not using cal3d). I
create them with Blender and I convert the Blender file into a CS
library using blend2cs (with the -l option).

The mesh is loaded in cel using the following cel code:
csRef<iPcMesh> pcmesh = CEL_QUERY_PROPCLASS_ENT(entity, iPcMesh);
assert(pcmesh);
pcmesh->SetMesh("avatar", "/bugspace/objectlibrary.zip");
The entity has the following cel properties: pcactormove, pclinearmovement.

I have different major problems using this method:
1) collision detection between the object and the floor seems to be done
with the origin of the object in Blender instead of the mesh itself.
That means that if the origin of the object is placed bellow the object
itself, then the object will navigate in cel without colliding with the
floor (it will seem to fly). Is that normal ?
2) I don't understand how objects are rotated in the world. Two objects
orientated with the same angles in Blender will NOT necessarily be
orientated the same way once loaded in cel. On the contrary, two objects
not orientated the same way in Blender may be orientated identically in
cel. It seems that it depends how objects are initially created in
Blender, but I am not sure. Also, modifications in Blender does not seem
to be taken into account in CEL. I am really looking for some
informations about that.
3) Objects loaded in CS are all black. I guess it is because lights are
not computed for them. So, I would like to know what to do in
cel/Blender  to get nice textures/lighting with my mesh objects. Any hint ?

Thank you very much,
Regards,

Thomas