[Blend2cs-user] Problems with package 0.2.4

Michiel Uitdehaag blend2cs-user@blender.org
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:28:39 +0200

Hi,

I just downloaded 0.2.4 of blend2cs and encountered (and fixed) the
following problems:

sh autogen.sh did not work. My automake (1.7.6) started complaining
about a missing libtool. I copied libtool.m4 from some other project and
got it to work. It is likely that libtool is not installed correctly at
my site. To prevent problems with users, include libtool.m4 in the
blend2cs project instead of depending on an environment that contains it
somewhere in the aclocal searchpath.
When libtool.m4 is included, make sure ltmain.sh, ltconfig, ltcf-c.sh
and ltcf-cxx.sh are available as well. These files are created with
automake -a usually, but due to the failing libtool not on my site.

I got libtool errors on a missing --tag. I declared:
LIBTOOL="$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CXX"
in configure.ac, reconfigured and build. I now get 'ignoring unknown tag
CXX', but the stuff builds. I encountered this in a project of mine as
well and have not yet found a good solution. Dropping libtool perhaps :)

options.h is missing include file <string>. This causes the build of
main.cpp to fail with a syntax error. After including that, all went fine.

Conversion went okay as far as I can tell, but I am only starting to
learn CS.

Thanks for providing a useful tool.

Regards,

Michiel Uitdehaag