[Blend2cs-user] UV-texturing bug on trapezoids and thingmesh support

Matze Braun blend2cs-user@blender.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:03:41 +0200 (CEST)

---1463809751-1497939294-1063800200=:3733

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Martin Henne wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> texturing issue:
>
> thingmesh issue:
>
> Matze said in the CS-Mailinglist, that blend2cs does
> support thingmeshes. How can I make a single thingmesh
> xml-file of a blend-file without modifying a world- or library-file
> by hand?
>
> By now, I usually create levels and cut/copy the thingmeshes
> out of them in single files. With a few manual modifications I
> get a single xml-file that can be loaded using
> iLoader::LoadMeshObject("filename.thing"); .

Sorry for ignoring this issue the first time (just keep nagging sometime
I'll answer all the questions :)
Well IMO library support is enough for achieving the same effects. With a
library you work like this:

if (!loader->LoadLibraryFile(filename))
	// errrohandling

//after loading all the stuff
engine->Prepare();

csRef<iMeshFactoryWrapper> factory = ("meshname");
meshwrapper = engine->CreateMeshWrapper(factory, "mymesh"
			/*, eventually sector, pos*/);

I think that supporting single thingmeshes in blend2cs doesn't make too
much sense, since you can't define textures in these files. Also a .blend
file typically contains several objects. Anyway to make you fully happy I
just hacked a perl script to extract the meshobjects from a mapfile. (see
attachement)

Greetings,
	Matze
---1463809751-1497939294-1063800200=:3733
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---1463809751-1497939294-1063800200=:3733--