[Blend2cs-user] UV-texturing bug on trapezoids and thingmesh support

Matze Braun blend2cs-user@blender.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:16:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Martin Henne wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> texturing issue:
>
> I was very happy that Matze added support for
> UV-textured triangles. Unfortunately, there's still
> some problems on textures, at least when it comes
> to trapezoids.
>
> I added 2 screenshots (which are hopefully
> small enough to make it to the list) that shows
> a minimal example.
>
> In the screenshots, the problem can be seen
> in the upper right corner. It's only a small
> difference from the texture as it appears in
> blender, but I have other situations, where
> this occurs much stronger.

I just remember the issue. The problem is, that blender is able to have a
UV coordinate at each edge, while CS only allows 3 UV coords for the whole
polygon, so I simply fetched the first 3 ones in blend2cs, the more
correct aproach would be to split the quad into 2 triangles, however that
results in performance loss in CS. So we need a function to detect such
cases and only split if neccesary... I'll see if I can find the time for
this change, but I can't promise anything at the moment.

Greetings,
	Matze