[Blend2cs-user] CS Doubt

Gregor Mückl blend2cs-user@blender.org
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:16:18 +0200

Am Samstag, 11. Oktober 2003 03:07 schrieb Camilo Gonzalez:
> CrystalSpace implements many structs (like iEngine, iGrahics3D, etc.) and
> many classes (like csEngine, etc). Anyway, all the examples I have seen
> using CrystalSpace are implemented mostly with the structs, I mean, they
> all use iEngine, iGraphics3D, etc.
>
> ¿Is it possible to write a CS program using only (or mostly) classes
> (csEngine instead of iEngine)?

I do not doubt that it is possbile, but this way is depreciated. CS has a
component-based design with the structs prefixed with i being generic
interfaces and the classes prefixed with cs being the actual implementations.
This gives a lot of flexibility as long as only interfaces are used as the
actual implementation may change freely (and actually does so very often as I
get it).

So the answer is: simply do not do it. Otherwise your sources might break more
often than you would probably like them to.

Regards,
Gregor