[Blend2cs-user] Newbie help

Frank W. Samuelson blend2cs-user@blender.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:02:14 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, James Thompson wrote:

> > If you want, i can email you a smallish .blend file which converts just
> > fine to CS format. You will need to learn to use blender though. At the
> > lest it takes a month or so before you can grok all the controls..
> >

> That'd be great.  MatzeB mailed me one last night but I'm always up for
> more samples.  I also ordered the new edition of the blender gamekit book
> (http://www.nostarch.com/) but that'll take a week or so to arrive.

The gamekit book is very good about telling about the blender real-time
engine and scripting with python.
It provides very little about modelling with blender.  The online
tutorial book does a better job of that.

> As for the month, I don't doubt it.  I will say after a week the "Oh, I
> get it" thoughts are starting to come a little more frequently.  Wonder if
> I should be worried ;)

In a month you'll be an expert.  A week with tutorials will make you
a good modeller.

> My overall goal is to do all level building and modeling with blender and
> blend2cs.  I'm assuming that work on the object support is still in the
> works?

Yes.  It would be very easy to implement.
We just need to get around to it.