[Blend2cs-user] blend2cs conversion story

Thomas Degris blend2cs-user@blender.org
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:26:05 +0200

Hello everybody,

after some talks with MatzeB (its nickname on IRC), he fixed some bugs
in blend2cs (and in CrystalSpace) to get the conversion working. So,
here is the map computed in Blender (in OpenGl):
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~degris/crystal/question_blender.jpg
and the map rendered with CrystalSpace:
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~degris/crystal/question_cs01.jpg

So, it works well. However, there is some bugs as you can see for the
entry of the tunnel on the right and the swimming pool also on the
right. I think it comes from the properties of the materials defined in
CrystalSpace (like transparency). There is also some weard things at the
right of the scene :
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~degris/crystal/question_cs02.jpg

Also, when CrystalSpace is loading, I got the following error message
about a strange textures called 'no' (I don't think there is a texture
of that name in the Blender file) :
crystalspace.maploader: Could not find material 'no'. Creating new
material using texture with that name
crystalspace.maploader: Could not find texture 'no'. Attempting to load.
crystalspace.maploader.parse.image: Could not open image file 'no' on VFS!
crystalspace.maploader.parse.texture: Couldn't load image 'no', using
checkerboard instead!

You can find the CrystalSpace map at:
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~degris/crystal/question_cs.zip

I hope this will help you,