[Blend2cs-user] scaling issues

Frank W. Samuelson blend2cs-user@blender.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:55:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Matze Braun wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Frank W. Samuelson wrote:
>

> > Ahh. I get it.  You're using the library (-o) option.
> > The scalings and rotations that are performed on an object in Blender
> > (rather than on the vertices) are output when the when the object
> > is actually created in a level.  If you don't use the -o option,
> > you'll see the   <scale x="0.284654" y="0.284654" z="0.284654"/>
> > statement where the meshobj's are declared at the end of the output file.
> >
> Yes this is a known bug. Already in the BUGS and TODO list in the README.
> Just I don't have time at the moment to work on blend2cs :-(

I don't consider this a bug.  It's a feature of how the program works.
I think that the current logical partitioning of data and transforms is
similar to Blender's and should stay that way.  Vertex data, which is
modified in Blender's edit mode, is contained in the factories.
Rotations, scalings, and translations performed in Blender's object
mode are applied to actual incarnations of the object (meshobj).

We should probably document this better, so people are not confused.

Perhaps for _library_ output we could apply these transforms to
vertex data before output.  Is this what people want?