[Blend2cs-user] scaling issues

Frank W. Samuelson blend2cs-user@blender.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:27:57 -0600 (MDT)

Ahh. I get it.  You're using the library (-o) option.
The scalings and rotations that are performed on an object in Blender
(rather than on the vertices) are output when the when the object
is actually created in a level.  If you don't use the -o option,
you'll see the   <scale x="0.284654" y="0.284654" z="0.284654"/>
statement where the meshobj's are declared at the end of the output file.

Basically, we do this because different objects can use the same
mesh data, but may have different scalings, rotations, and translations.
Thus the mesh factories only contain the mesh vertex data, not
scalings, rotations, and translations thereof.  The library output of the
program is just the mesh factories.

If you want the scaling in the mesh factory, you can apply the
scaling to the vertices in Blender.  That is, go into edit mode (tab),
select all vertices (a),  hit the s button, and scale.
Or you can rotate and scale from within your CS program.  You have to
define the translations there anyway.

-Frank