[Bf-webcontent] Running pillar server and web instructions

John Roper johnroper100 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:10:19 CEST 2016

Hi, I would like to help out with the pillar project, but when I go to try
to get it building on Linux (Ubuntu) the directions are not so clear:

Installation

Make sure your /data directory exists and is writable by the current user.
Alternatively, provide a pillar/config_local.py that changes the relevant
settings.

git clone git at git.blender.org:pillar-python-sdk.git ../pillar-python-sdk
pip install -e ../pillar-python-sdk
pip install -U -r requirements.txt
pip install -e .

For example:

"Make sure your /data directory exists and is writable by the current user. "

What directory is this? Where should I first clone to source to?

--
John roper
Freelance Developer and Simulation Artist