[Bf-webcontent] Demo Reel 2011 poor sound quality

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:08:11 CEST 2015

It is quite common to release old things in enhanced
way from time to time. Now that YouTube allows 3D and
resolutions higher than 768, it will only be appreciated.

The question is how much work is revising the reel?
Is making it 1024+ and 3D at all possible?

Is there a script with a list of videos with timings
that can be used to recompile the reel? Something like
http://zulko.github.io/moviepy/ Maybe Blender provides
such video scripting features itself?

The soundtrack is quite catchy and I like the Blender
version of music video. It may happen that better
resolution will score even more views, because
people will start adding it to playlists. =)

I was actually listening new remix of Bassnectar of
Naked and Famous's No Way and this part reminded me
of Blender Demo Reel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1SN2GeDnZv8#t=41

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Andrew Price <andrew at blenderguru.com>
wrote:

> It's really not worth it honestly :P It'd just confuse subscribers of the
> channel, plus make the blender foundation look rather unorganized. I reckon
> just leave it, but remember it for future uploads.
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM, marco ardito <ardito at apiform.to.it>
> wrote:
>
>> Il 17/07/2015 10:22, Andrew Price ha scritto:
>>
>>> Wow I never noticed that, but you're totally right. The siggraph reel
>>> sounds really distorted and compressed in comparison.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately there's very little that can be done now though, as it's
>>> on Youtube. The only way to fix would be to delete it and then reupload,
>>> but then you'd lose all the views, comments and seo reputation that places
>>> it higher in search terms. So that shouldn't happen.
>>>
>>> Still, it's worth noting for future reels to make sure it doesn't happen
>>> again.
>>>

>> I'm not much into youtube workings, but would it be possible to upload
>> another (better) version as a separate video,
>> and then put a comment/link (overimposed to the video, maybe) on the
>> first, pointing to the improved version?
>>
>> Marco
>>

>> -------------------
>> [Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
>> (L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
>> indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
>> strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
>> diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
>> Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
>> rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]

> --
> Regards,
> Andrew Price
> http://www.blenderguru.com