[Bf-webcontent] Demo Reel 2011 poor sound quality

Andrew Price andrew at blenderguru.com
Fri Jul 17 10:22:22 CEST 2015

Wow I never noticed that, but you're totally right. The siggraph reel
sounds really distorted and compressed in comparison.

Unfortunately there's very little that can be done now though, as it's on
Youtube. The only way to fix would be to delete it and then reupload, but
then you'd lose all the views, comments and seo reputation that places it
higher in search terms. So that shouldn't happen.

Still, it's worth noting for future reels to make sure it doesn't happen
again.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 5:33 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it only me who feels that Blender Siggraph Reel
> from 2011 sounds like recompressed 128kbps MP3
> even on 720 HD?
>
> The site:
> http://www.blender.org/features/reels/
> The video: