[Bf-webcontent] site optimizations and speeding it up

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 05:17:50 CEST 2013

Thanks for the links! There might be a couple of things that need to be
done so people can work with a fork in a fairly stable state.

I had to change these two settings to get all of the links to change ( this
is pretty typical) - maybe add in the documentation

add this to your wp-config.php to change all of the links (change location
to your environment)
define('WP_HOME','http://localhost/blender');
define('WP_SITEURL','http://localhost/blender');

also, would it be possible to have a database dump that has an extra user
to log into the site with? I don't know how to activate plug ins if I can't
get into the admin area to see what is going on. I can't log in with the
admin account since I don't know the password. Wordpress encrypts the
passwords in the database.

You could just create a user and do a database dump. Then you can delete
the extra user from the staging site. That way the only place that user
exists is in the database dump. Provide the credentials to log in on the
GIT documentation. I think that would do it.

I saw Dan Schalla's fork with a couple of changes to the art and
minification of scripts. Cool.

Scott