[Bf-webcontent] site optimizations and speeding it up

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 18:19:31 CEST 2013

Great to see you are using a GIT repo to manage this. I was setting up a
dev environment and don't have access to the dropbox for the database file.
Is there any way I could get access to that.

My dropbox username is:
scottpetrovic at gmail.com

Weighing in with the whole JPG vs. PNG. The biggest difference I think is
that PNG has an extra 8 bits of data for transparency. If the image doesn't
use transparency, I feel the extra 8 bits are just taking up space. JPGs
won't show any artifacts as long as you don't compress them too highly (
compression = artifacts). Artifacts don't usually start showing until you
get under 65-70% compression. A JPG won't show any artifacts as long as you
do that.