[Bf-webcontent] Website performance optimization

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 04:03:54 CEST 2013

Here are a few areas that would speed up the site.

1. Optimize the two large images from the carousel. They are still very
large. They should really be about 200KB each like the other image.
   a. quadbot (1.7MB)
   b. test1 (820KB)

2. remove broken bootstrap.min.js references  (404)

3. jQuery library is loaded twice for some reason. Remove the second one.

4. bundle up the three javascript libraries minified (in this order) as one
file. They don't change often, so it would be better to just combine them
all to save the requests.
    a. jQuery
    b. bootstrap
    c. bootstrap-tabs

5. Combine some of the CSS files.I don't see why we need to have so many of
them (17).

Doing all of that should speed up the website quite a bit from a content
standpoint. If no one is opposed, I am just going to start doing these
changes and make pull requests when I get them done.