[Bf-webcontent] New public mirror?

Andrew McCarthy me at andrewmccarthy.ie
Fri Nov 22 23:42:26 CET 2013

Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to ask; if not let me know.

HEAnet (the ISP for nearly all Irish academic institutions) maintain a
pretty good mirror service with plenty of space and 10Gb of bandwidth
(http://ftp.heanet.ie/about/). They seem to be happy to mirror just
about any free software project, usually once they have the ability to
rsync on (at least) a daily basis to keep their copy up to date.

Would this be possible, and would Blender.org be interested in another
mirror of download.blender.org? If so, I'd be happy to approach them and
ask.

Cheers,

Andrew