[Bf-webcontent] Runs out of box?

Nkansah Rexford nkansahrexford at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:00:38 CET 2013

On the download page, about how to install blender, I read this:
"Blender will run straight out of the box"

However, I find typing chmod +x blender in terminal before I'm able to run
the executable for the first time in Ubuntu.

I'm currently on Ubuntu 13.10 and didn't have to do that though. But for
others on 13.04 or below, if clicking the exe doesn't work they might
consider it as a bug.

A simple clue to inform users put just beneath the how to install
description will help I think.

Blender doesn't run straight out of the box, always.

plus.google.com/+Nkansahrexford