[Bf-webcontent] Design feedback

PabloVazquez.org venomgfx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:56:41 CEST 2013

Hi Scott!

Thanks for the feedback.

> What type of information are you going to rotate with the slide show. As
long as you leave the download link box on the top at all times, it should
be good.
Yes, the download button is at the very top of the slides, so it stays
there regardless the content of the slide.

> Does anyone think site search would be valuable at all for this site?
Search is definitely valuable for any site IMHO, on b.org is not super
important but still a big point. So I might implement it in a non-obtrusive
way like on mobile, in the form of a magnifying glass icon that expands the
search field on click or something like that.

> I think it would be nice if this page could auto-detet which OS they are
running ( user agent) and just show the appropriate content.

It does! :) The mockup shows Linux because I took it on my computer, but it
shows OSX / Windows as well when you're on that platform. Having a direct
link is more tricky though, since I couldn't find a way to detect 32/64 bit
reliable on Windows using just client tools. If anybody knows a good
reliable way to do it without asking the user, and being able to show the
donate options afterwards, please share!

> Do all of the internal pages need such huge page title areas.
Not all pages need it indeed, and this is super easy to change. Pages like
Download can make use of it because of showing new features of the latest
release. Get-Involved could also make use of it. We developed a system for
the layout to easily switch headers from No Header / Just Title (slim
header), or Carousel slides (full size like frontpage, or half like
download/get-involved).

> I also echo Peter's comment on the site being responsive.
The new Blender.org is responsive and totally mobile friendly, we'll be
testing this on several resolutions from retina to tablets and phones.

Thanks for the feedback! We are reading everything and will be replying
mostly here on the mailing list, is just that sometimes takes more time to
type an answer to the several messages from the community than to actually
work on the site, sorry if we miss any. I'll try to post captures on the
new small details more often.

Cheers!
--
Pablo Vazquez
CG Artist - Blender Foundation Certified Trainer
Email: contact at pablovazquez.org
Website: pablovazquez.org <http://www.pablovazquez.org>