[Bf-webcontent] Status report

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Tue Jul 16 17:36:32 CEST 2013

I experiment a kinda slow experience in my browser (ff esr 17.0.7),
for  staging.blender.org

particularly this one http://staging.blender.org/support/
dont'know why... probably it has more links than the others?
it's strange often  it freezes ff for _seconds_

eg: if I scroll down that page and then scroll up, it takes several
seconds to allow me to reach the top line and the bg image appears only
after that... never seen anyhing like this...

am I the only one?

I browse over a 10 MB fiber  connection (no dsl)
my pc is w7x64 w/4gb ram and cpu core2 duo e7600 3ghz
and 1920x1080 video res

it's not the ram (around 140 MB) but just cpu load (it's often 5-12 %)

I also noticed that banners, even the thinnest entirely load images like
this
http://staging.blender.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/killing.jpg
(440kb itself...) is it temporary stuff?

Marco

ps:
btw, also www.blendernetwork.org btw which is way heavier on my pc
If I have that site alone loaded in ff it's barely usable... it take
several seconds even to switch from link to another and frequently
freezes all the browsers... am I the only one? i report this because i
fear has something "in common" with staging.blender.org /srtyle? some
developers? paltform, media? I don't know...). maybe not.

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]