[Bf-webcontent] Status report

Tomasz Kania tomasz at 27gram.com
Sun Jul 14 20:47:56 CEST 2013

On 07/14/2013 08:43 PM, Tomasz Kania wrote:
> On 07/14/2013 05:45 PM, Francesco Siddi wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> A staging version of the website is now live on staging.blender.org,
>> feel free to check it out and provide feedback (we are aware of most
>> of the glitches, responsiveness, broken banners, broken links, broken
>> layouts, etc.).
> Hi :)
> First i tested staging.blender.org on my Nexus 4.
> And responsive menu don't work (i click on menu link and this link only
> animate click,
> nothing happenned). Second test was on my Chrome browser (still the same
> bug with menu).
> And i saw bug with top graphics and texts (width 480 and under).
Oh. I forgot about glitch with footer on
http://staging.blender.org/get-involved/
I think idea footer must be fluid on whole website (now) it's only
1176px width without gray left and right space.
My browser is Chrome from Google ( 26.0.1410.63)

> Another glitch is 404 for this image:
> http://staging.blender.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/conference.jpg
> And maybe more images.
>
> But finally this design is very eyecatchy:)
> So i'm proud of you, this site will be great!
>>
>> What we have:
>>
>> - the general content mapping plan
>> (http://www.blender.org/bf/website_navigation.pdf )
>> - a nice page template building/configuration system
>> - download page is working
>> - home page is working
>> - most of the other top level pages have a layout
>>

>> What we need:
>>
>> - a more effective way to handle the actual markup for a page in the
>> TinyMCE (at the moment the system works better in code/text view) -
>> Valery Tkachenko started working on this
> I think TinyMCE can take custom CSS to creating nice markup :)
>
>> - icons (Anderson Mancini started helping out, he will share some of
>> his work soon)
>> - artwork (will write a separate email about this)
>> - page migration support. I got in touch with a few people already and
>> gave them access to the website, but not much has happened yet. If you
>> want to help out and you did not get access to the website please
>> write again, mentioning the area you would like to work on and you'll
>> get an account immediately
>>

>> What we don't need:
>>
>> - a long discussion about redesigning the whole website, start a
>> separate thread eventually :)
>>

>> If enough people step up during the week we can bring the website a
>> big step forward and preview it at SIGGRAPH, which would be great!
>>

>> Francesco

Best regards,
Tomasz Kania - 27gram.com
mobile: +48783559713