[Bf-webcontent] ebay and other reseller scammers.

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:12:22 CEST 2007

> eBay's response was, essentially, that the intellectul property holder - the
> Blender Foundation in this case - would have to fax eBay a document
> claiming infringement.  Info on eBay's Verified Owner's Rights program
> is here
>
> http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

> that he was properly licensed to sell it.

He is licensed to sell the software (ie he is GPL compliant as long as
he also offers the source and includes a GPL notice), Ton just wants
it so that if they are using our images to try and sell the software
that they are including the suggested paragraph.

> At most, the scammers are guilty of some Intellectual Property
> infringement which could be fixed by linking to the Blender website.

Which is what the goal is

> Right now there are a half-dozen or so eBay sellers offering what
> appears to be Blender for prices ranging from $3 (digital download!)
> to $20 USD.

You can get it for 60$ at turbosquid (also digital download) :)

> My personal plan for combating these weasels is thru rampant
> capitalism.  The solution to the problem of selling Blender is more
> selling Blender.

Downside to your plan is that it will cost you listing fees.

LetterRip