[Bf-webcontent] new site maintainer needed

kieran Moore kieranian2001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 14:20:22 CET 2006

More specific directions for website maintainers would be good. A lot of
sites aren't accessible thru college intranets perhaps for people who mainly
use free third level access.

A second point the build on Fedora Linux is harder than a build on Windows.
There was a standard procedure for Fedora.
km

On 3/9/06, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of months back Bart stepped down as the web maintainer.  The
> plan was to put out an annoucement to the bf-webcontent list to see if
> there was someone else willing to take over the responsibilities.
>
> Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet, and has largely been my fault -
> doh!
>
> vizzy (verblendet on irc) has extended an offer to help.  It would
> probably be good to have additional individuals so that we don't have
> a single person bottleneck.  Also to avoid burnout from one person
> doing all the unfun stuff :)
>
> Personally I'd like to move as much content as is reasonable from the
> website CMS side of things to the wiki side of things - in my mind it
> would be a good idea to move all of the developer documentation, all
> of the tutorial links, and the script links section over to the wiki.
>
> As to the main website I'm sure that there are changes and requests
> that Ton would like done as well.
>
> If you are interested in helping out I would appreciate you emailing a
> brief description of your background and experience to me.
>
> All decisions ultimately Tons to make.  This might be discussed at
> this Sundays meeting, I'll try and confirm for certain by Saturday
> afternoon.
>
> LetterRip

Kieran I. Moore
78 Frankfort road,