[Bf-webcontent] Fwd: Blender.org website section email

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sat Feb 4 12:39:46 CET 2006

> In the US schools won't be able to link to us for sexually mature
> content (or at least it puts the teacher at risk of some trouble)
> whereas violence is generally 'ok' as long as it isn't 'Grand Theft
> Auto' :)

There is a difference Between "legal" and "Moral"

personally I don't really care if Violence is accepted in the US.  I
think that is a very backward way of looking at things.
I for one, live in a Nuclear Free country, because we don't want
anything to do with violence.  We get taught about sex far before we get
past the age of being allowed to own violent games or see violent
movies.  Each country has their own morals.  and blender.org needs to
decide what its morals are.

No work that suggests sexual content
No work that shows racist symbols, or racial satire
No work should be posted that shows graphic violence, or depicts violent
acts.....

Either that, or there should be a warning on 'mature content' and
separate it from the rest.
I would suggest all shoot-em-ups that are not comic, are put into the
mature content section.

I think its Hypocritical to delete sexually mature content (its only
suggestive anyway) and not delete violent content.

Things like skating, walk-throughs, most art..... are all pretty sedate,
but I think we need some standards if we are gonna start working to any
standards at all.

I am agreeing to remove the nurse, however I think we need to set
standards at the same time. (use it as an opportunity to look at things)

what are blenders morals?

Doug Ollivier