[Bf-webcontent] Graphics Card Performance

Joshua DOSS Joshua.Doss at 3Dlabs.com
Fri Mar 11 21:21:46 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm working on the Graphics card page and have a question for the group.

There is a section titled "Graphics Compatibility Test Results".  I would like to update this
portion of the page, but only have access to a handful of video cards among myself and my friends.
None of them are older cards, pretty much Nvidia 5200 - 6800, ATI 9200-X850 and 3Dlabs Wildcat
Realizm 100, 200 and 800 and Wildcat VP.  Any suggestions?  What about recommending your card
support OpenGL 1.5 for best results, OpenGL 1.2 or better for ok support?  I just think it would be
unfair to only test a handful of cards, there are so many out there, and likely many of them will
work fine.  Perhaps I could use some benchmarking scores that are published on the net already?  For
example, if the card received a certain score, it would be "recommended", if it would be lower than
that we could call it "compatible", and if it below this threshold we can call it "not recommended"?

Additionaly, I've updated the Card Manufacturers list, removing those companies which are no longer
in existence, and adding in a handful that weren't there previously.  Bart, could you please publish
this?  Next week I'll work on the paragraph content, it contains some grammatical errors, and it
would be nice to update the video cards in that section to something more recent as well.

Regards,
Joshua Doss