[Bf-webcontent] Video Card Section

Luigi Monaco monaco at ocanom.com
Wed Jun 1 20:17:24 CEST 2005

> Hello, this is Joshua Doss, maintainer of the Video Card page on
> Blender3D.  I've posted a question on

Hi Joshua,

sorry, I tried to insert a post, but for some reason my account at elysium ist
inactive - don't know why. So I will send you the feedback via mail.

I'm running Debian Woody with:
---snip
zdys|~/>uname -a
Linux neuron 2.6.11 #4 Mon Apr 18 14:28:16 CEST 2005 i686 unknown
zdys|~/>lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fglrx                 219612  7
sis_agp                 8832  0
i2c_algo_pcf            7044  0
i2c_algo_pca            6272  0
nvidia_agp              8092  1
agpgart                34380  3 fglrx,sis_agp,nvidia_agp
zdys|~/
snap---

Using an ATI 9800 Pro/ 128MB on an ASUS A7N8X/ Barton3200+/ 1GB DDR400 RAM.
Mostly working with Files > 200MB performance is good, interactivity is good.

It was a hassle though to compile the fglrx driver. the most nasty thing I
remember to have to exchange pci_find_class method name with pci_get_class in
agpgart_be.c [?/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x]. There was a patch I had to
apply too: http://www.webdeko.com/firegl_public.patch. Maybe things are better
today, I did that around new year.

hth

Luigi