[Bf-webcontent] Updated Chat Section of Website

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Wed Feb 16 04:14:54 CET 2005

Bart,

Actually we do have a relationship with them :) Take a look at the
participating groups page on www.freenode.net. I've set it up so that
Blender is an officially recognized project on Freenode. We'll are now
eligible for Blender cloaks (currently I've set up about 25 users with
.coder.blender, .artist.blender, and .support.blender) and in the future
  Freenode will offer us various services to attract more developers.
Had a long talk with Lilo :) To quote the page:

"The following participating groups and entities maintain official
relationships with freenode and PDPC. Each is listed along with the top
level domain(s) under which its affiliated users may be cloaked. Cloaks
are special "virtual hostnames" which appear on a user's freenode
session to indicate that user's affiliation with a group."

Blender is on this list now :) I would go as far as saying this is a
partnership of sorts, and since its all about free and open source, I
*cannot* see how this wording can hurt. I hope that clears things up :)

Regards,
Chris