[Bf-webcontent] Features page

Johannes Langlotz johannes.langlotz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 1 17:34:22 CET 2005

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> Johannes,
>
> I was just asking Ton to put a more visible link to the features page on
> the homepage (features & screenshots are the thing everyone wants to see
> when they find new software). When going to the Features page, I
> currently don't see many features and screenshots immediately after the
> page loads (I have a 1024x768 screen). The interesting stuff happens
> below the 'page fold'.
>
> Maybe we can improve this page a bit? Here are some ideas that popped up
> in my head:
>
> 1) We could open a separate 'screenshots' page

nice idea!!! i visited several other homepages. i think a features page
should look like this:
http://www.eovia.com/products/amapi_pro/amapi_pro_full_features.asp

> 2) Does the Computer Arts Magazine really belong on a features page?

absolutely not. it was there from the beginning! it belongs to the
testimonials page i think.

> 3) Does the License text really belong on a features page? (Maybe it
> would, as the fact that Blender is Open is a 'feature' as well?

i don't know. i believe ton has added this some weeks months. but it is
a feature indeed ;-)