[Bf-webcontent] Been scarce for awhile

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Thu May 13 22:27:35 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 18:25, Compman wrote:
> Yo, what's up everyone. I've been scarce for awhile because things have
> gotten a bit crazy recently, I've also been sick the past few days and
> stuck in bed. Bleh. Anyhow, with any luck I'll finish updating the castle
> texturing tut (it's CURSED... CURSED I SAY!) and work on updating a few of
> the ones still in the blender.nl archives.

Not too much - there was a lot of activity before the 2.33 launch and I
guess people are taking a rest now ;-)

> Also, I've gotten a couple questions about tuts that use files that used to
> be available on blender.nl. Some of the tuts I'm thinking about updating do
> something like this too. Should we establish a big resource page as an
> archive for all the ZIPs and shuch now found at download.blender3d.org, put
> them in typo somehow, or just point to the download.blender3d.org address?

It's quite easy to build file download repositories in typo. In fact,
I'm thinking more and more that it makes sense to use this feature more
as it will encourage re-use of graphics as well.

Of course, you can also attach files for download to your articles by
selecting 'Filelinks' as the content record type. You won't be able to
link to those files from other pages though. A file repository would be
nicer for that.

Bart