[Bf-webcontent] Blenderman will be changing

Andrew Kator akator at verizon.net
Tue Jun 8 05:14:44 CEST 2004

Blenderman has experienced great success, but that success comes at the
price of extremely expensive increased bandwidth. We have tried several
solutions to resolve the problem, including additional mirrors, but the
only solution is a complete redevelopment of the existing site and
services.

As of Tuesday morning, Blenderman will have exceeded 70GB of bandwidth
for June with over 120,000 visitors.  The website is averaging over 8GB
of access each day.  To keep Blenderman running for the rest of June
would cost several hundred dollars just for this month.  If that money
is spent now, Blenderman will be unable to exist in the future.

Blenderman must be "reinvented."

• 	Once Blenderman is redeveloped, the website will become available
again. We are hoping this will be completed at the end of June, but I
cannot promise the exact date.

• 	Voting for the June Modeler's Challenge "Favorite Things" will begin
when the website becomes available and not on June 15 as was previously
announced in the magazine and website.

• 	 Articles, tutorials, and models can still be submitted to
webmaster at blenderman.org

• 	The Model Archive will be available until bandwidth is exceeded:
http://www.katorlegaz.com/models/

• 	The Blenderman Magazine will be available until bandwidth is
exceeded:
http://www.katorlegaz.com/blenderman/

I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this temporary loss
in services may cause. We are working on solutions.

This information will appear on the Blenderman site on Tuesday, June 8.

Thanks for your understanding.  You should be hearing from me again in
the next few weeks.

- Andrew Kator
webmaster at blenderman.org
andrew at katorlegaz.com