[Bf-viewport] removing (unused) legacy GL code paths

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Mon May 15 05:28:18 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Now that we have GL 3.3 core profile working and functional on all
platforms, can we remove the legacy code paths? Everything between #ifdef
WITH_LEGACY_OPENGL or WITH_GL_PROFILE_COMPAT. After this core profile will
be the only option and no amount of CMake tweaking will bring back the old
OpenGL.

Are there sections of code you want to keep, for reference or other
reasons? By "you" I mean anyone reading this.

I'd be happy to remove the legacy paths this week while other people work
on new features.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire