[Bf-viewport] filmic as the new default

Irfan Celik irfan.celik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 00:19:53 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was wondering what the reason is to not use the new filmic option as the
new default view.
Especially for 2.8 seeing that eevee is capable of handling HDR values, it
just makes sense to use a view transform to handle that data. I can´t
imagine anybody enjoying the large blobs of white when bloom or volumetrics
are enabled.

I am fairly new to blender but I love the current progress and seeing that
siggraph is not too far away, I do hope that your demo files have filmic
enabled to leave a more professional impression.

There are way too many youtube videos out already with overblown highlights.
Fixing it is just one option away but it seems that most users don´t know
or don´t bother.

Cheers,
Irfan