[Bf-viewport] OCIO update

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:40:05 CET 2017

Hi,

We would surely need to support that, but for the time being we can disable
that code fairly easily by returning false from OCIOImpl::supportGLSLDraw.

I'm also not really sure what's the exact issue with using current shaders,
those are in their own pipeline which is not interleaved with "main"
viewport drawing pipeline. Is that because GLSL 1.3 can't be used form
inside 3.2 core?

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:27 AM, Mike Erwin <significant.bit at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Clément brought this up in IRC — OCIO uses older GLSL and needs to be
> updated. Is this something we need now, or can it be a todo task?
>
> Taking a quick look now... seems OCIO can generate GLSL 1.0 or 1.3, and
> we're moving toward GLSL 3.3 for everything.
>
> Mike Erwin
> musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin