[Bf-viewport] Immediate Mode and viewport update report

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:03:35 CET 2017

Hi all,
Quite some progress!

The OpenGL refactor is doing well. More patches were merged, tons of
commits. We still need a lot of help though, so old and new
contributors are more welcome than ever in this "finish line"!

Also, the immediate mode graph is now online. So we can now monitor
the progress in a daily basis: http://stats.dalaifelinto.com/ (it
updates everyday at 8am Amsterdam time). I hope this helps keeping
everyone motivated.

On top of that, there are new videos showing the progress of the layer
system, as well as the clay-engine/new viewport:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTKDBbkJa88v3FVQbvKd-b0ju9i9DY0jw

(new videos will be on the official Foundation development channel
though, and they will all be listed on the 2.8 wiki soon)

Finally, the interface is more funcional, with the outliner as the new
editor for the collections. The current list of outliner TODO is here:
https://hastebin.com/uxuralipoj.txt

Best regards,
Dalai
--