[Bf-viewport] Viewport drawing flow

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Oct 6 01:31:56 CEST 2016

Hi Dalai,

I think this makes a lot of sense, I don't have much to add.

Depth of field and color management would have to fit in somewhere, I
don't if they would best be applied to the solid plate or if the
geometry overlay and other elements should be affected as well so that
they match up properly.

If/when we support compositing nodes in the viewport, their input
could be one or more solid plates (defined by render layers), which
would then be composed to output a combined solid plate. Grease pencil
layers could be part of that as well (when used for artistic purposes,
not for annotations).

Regards,
Brecht.