[Bf-viewport] Updates for the week of May 30th - June 6th

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Jun 10 00:25:44 CEST 2016

Hi Clément,

I think having a separate realtime renderer choice would be good.
Hiding unsupported features would make the UI more clear for users
that specifically want to target the realtime renderer. F12 would
render using the viewport and feed that into the compositor and
sequencer, etc.

I do expect that Cycles users want to have a better viewport preview
for editing even when they target raytraced GI, and that realtime
users want to bake maps with Cycles using the same shader nodes. So we
should try to share underlying code and shader nodes as much as
possible.

Just thinking out loud here, but perhaps for Cycles (and other offline
renderers) we could aim for a low / medium / high viewport quality
presets. If you want to target realtime rendering or want to create
such presets you could edit the detailed settings by switching to the
realtime renderer.

Brecht.