[Bf-viewport] Updates for the week of May 30th - June 6th

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 00:09:34 CEST 2016

I see value in both a "Cycles preview" and a dedicated real-time renderer.
Depends on what you (the artist) are targeting. Making assets for external
game engines (like UE4) is also important, which makes the viewport a
"preview" for that too.

The tools/interface should work as close to the same as possible so people
can learn one material system and apply it to real-time or pre-rendered or
game projects. Avoid the situation we have now with multiple ways to create
materials.

It doesn't have to be a perfect approximation to whatever "other" renderer
you're targeting. As long as it's good -- which it already is! -- and able
to be improved over time.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire