[Bf-viewport] Rendering to a cubemap

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jan 26 11:12:01 CET 2016

Hi Clement,

Thanks for reaching out! We are aiming at high quality rendering for Blender viewports, your work therefore is very welcome.

Mike is the right person to talk to as well, he works on migrating current code to be using more modern OpenGL calls.

I am curious to see if there's a design doc of some kind. Do you have a bigger plan where to bring this feature to? You've been reading the discussions and ideas here about shaders, shader editing (nodes), and the proposal to align with Epic game PBR shader design?

We're hanging out a lot in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders. You're welcome there too.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute