[Bf-viewport] Rendering to a cubemap

Clément FOUCAULT foucault.clem at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 19:32:51 CET 2016

@Mike : Yes this is exactly what I want. I want to render light probes to a
cubemap. First, only the environement, then we will find a way to render
the probe from and object location.

I'll explain how i'm seing things:
- A global cubemap/lightprobe (whatever you want to call it) containing
only environment. > Applied by default to all shaders who need it (who have
bsdfs inside their tree)
- An Object option to create a local cubemap/lightprobe for the shaders
this object uses. > only switch the cubemap to send to the sampling
algorithm (local instead of global). This one should have the others
objects in it and provide better reflections. The Options for this could
include (realtime update (would be very slow), generate cubemap button,
cubemap resolution, use another object's cubemap (to save memory) )
And i'm not sure but for a game engine integration the method I use ATM is
very slow (sampling 32 times). So implementing a prefilter option would be
needed later.

@Jacob : I meant to do it in "realtime" inside the blender code :)