[Bf-viewport] GLSL Node

Neal Alexander nhalxr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 08:00:41 CEST 2015

Not to press the issue, but the material system wouldn't need to regenerate
the script text for loop-back use, and the current python export would be
bypassed completely. All the uniform conversion routines would be sitting
compiled and ready in the interpreter context, ready to be called via FFI
whenever. Performance is likely to not be an issue, especially compared to
the current cost of regenerating all the GLSL shaders, plus all the linear
algebra is performed in C via FFI. Adding some SSE intrinsics based fast
paths for the linear algebra code can probably help diminish the overhead
of the FFI barrier on certain platforms too.