[Bf-viewport] GLSL Node

Khalifa Lame khalibloo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:10:58 CEST 2015

Here's an idea then. Use a "wrapper language" like unity's shaderlab. this
wrapper language can simply be a python class written by the user, that
defines the input variables for the GLSL shader and their ui
layout/representation.

also, i think there should be a way to load in shader code from text files
via the materials panel (without using nodes).

as for the shader stages, what if we had "node subtrees"? the user selects
the glsl node tree and then he has the option to select a vertex shader
subtree or a fragment/tessellation subtree. the outputs from a vertex
shader subtree for example, can be fed into the next subtree by simply
declaring inputs with similar IDs.