[Bf-vfx] VFX related stuff that I think could be improved

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 13:41:41 CEST 2013

-I would like various distortion effects too, but it would be nice to drive
their distortion values (or corners) from tracker values. I wonder how we
could send tracker motion to the 2D compositor? At the moment using the
stabilize value (X,Y out on movie clip node) is to limited (just one value
per movie clip).

-I like the idea of making the compositor tool a flexible source. So you
could port it's output to 3D object textures or even an input type for the
VSE? Although Scene strips are already available there.

-I could see that there would be potential dependencies issues.

-I wonder how you could use the Mask tool in the movie clip editor to
leverage the animation tools there, but have access to image inputs from
other nodes?

-The compositor is not time aware, is there any way to iterate frame
handling at any frame? Sample from elsewhere in the source. In this way
After Effects creates echo type effects and noise reduction from inter
frame sampling etc.

After creating a mesh or grid warp effect using UV mapping, I noticed that
I can't send a stabilized movie clip to the background of the 3D view. I
thought that this would be useful for modeling from moving video.

Good thread BTW.

Cheers
David
3pointedit