[Bf-vfx] Feature request: warping and morphing node

Francesco Paglia f.paglia.80 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:42:19 CEST 2013

HI all,
I think a great addition to the compositor would be a warping/morphing node.
there are many solution available in other packages and I think the most
powerful still remain the one driven by shape.
here a sample to show how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SthlyRNXbkU#t=822

some field of application:
1. working with shot sequences reveals in many cases the need of slightly
deform the footage to better fit in the "main shot"
2. is it possible to achieve aesthetic changes over character like things
you've seen in the previous video, I also used it to make a character
younger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1pNqVC1HNMQ#t=61
3. is it possible to make morph effects and match live video with a 3d
element:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1pNqVC1HNMQ#t=26
4. is a real huge help while some cheat as to be made to extend something
just a little bit more or there is some patch to quickly add that would be
a panic task in the classic way.

well there are much more application possible but I think the above
examples are enough to figure out how powerful the warp and morph tool is
and how many application can have!

Hope someone will consider to add it in the future, maybe after the image
canvas issue is addressed.

Thanks
Francesco

--